The Greeks answer to Lasagne!
A serious comfort food made simple, delicious and guilt free.
180g Extra Lean Beef
15g Olive Oil
75g Cottage Cheese
120g Eggplant, thinly sliced
80g Cauliflower, cut not small pieces
1tsp All Spice
1/2 tsp Beef Stock
- Place the cauliflower and pumpkin in pot and steam until its soft to touch.
- Place cauliflower and pumpkin into a blender, adding cottage cheese.
Blend until mixture is smooth.
Add salt in desired.
- Put aside 2/3 of oil for the eggplant.
Keep other 1/3 to cook meat.
- Heat pan to high heat and coat the pan lightly wth oil.
- Place sliced eggplant on the pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes per side until lightly brown and cooked through.
Place aside on plate and repeat until all eggplant is cooked, lightly coating the pan with oil each time.
- Use the remaining oil in pan and bring to medium heat. Cook the mince and garlic until its cooked through.
- Add the pasta, stock and spices.
Bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer until the sauce is thick.
- Place half of the eggplant on a baking dish then add the meat sauce.
- Top with the remaining eggplant and pour cauliflower sauce over the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly brown.
Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
With only 7 ingredients and a little extra flavourings you’re going to love this.
Brought to you by Bec Cannon this amazing recipe has been added to the database and a little bit of food inspo. 🖤